Table Cells Detected Incorrectly
If ABBYY FineReader failed to correctly detect the rows and columns in a table while running automatically, you can adjust the layout manually and re-run the OCR process.
Editing Tables in the Image window or the Zoom window:
Use the Areas menu commands and the shortcut menu by right-clicking the selected Table area to:
- Analyze Table Structure — automatic table structure analysis replaces manually drawing vertical and horizontal separators in a table.
- Split Cells, Merge Cells, and Merge Rows correct of the rows and columns that were automatically detected in the table.
- Use the pop-up toolbar for the selected table to:
Add a horizontal or vertical separator, delete table separators, analyze table structure, split table cells, or merge table cells or rows.
Click the Table area and select the appropriate tool from the pop-up toolbar: .
- The cell splitting command can only be applied to table cells that were previously merged.
- To merge or split table cells or rows, select them on the image and then choose the appropriate tool or menu command.
- If the table contains vertical text cells, you may need to change the text properties first.
- If the table cells only contain an image, check the Treat selected cells as picture option on the Area Properties panel (the >Area Properties shortcut menu).
If the cell contains a combination of image and text, select the image to turn it into a dedicated area inside the cell.