Paper Document Contains Decorative (Non-Standard) Fonts
The Training mode improves OCR quality on documents with decorative fonts or documents containing special characters (e.g. mathematical symbols).
In Training mode, a user pattern is created which can be used when performing OCR on the entire text.
For details, see Recognition With Training.
To use a pattern to recognize a document:
- Open the Options dialog box (Tools>Options…) and then click the Read tab.
- Under Training, select the Train user pattern option.
Note. If you select Use built-in patterns, ABBYY FineReader will use both the user patterns and its factory preset patterns for OCR.
- Click the Pattern Editor… button.
- In the Pattern Editor dialog box, select the desired pattern and then click Close.
For details, see Selecting a User Pattern.
- In the ABBYY FineReader main window, click the Read button.