Incorrect Font in Recognized Text or Some Characters Are Replaced with “?” or “□”
If you see “?” or “□” replacing letters in the Text window, check to see if the fonts selected to display the recognized text contain all the characters used in your text.
For details, see Languages and Their Fonts.
You can change the font in the recognized text without launching the OCR process again.
To change the font in a short document:
- Select a text fragment where some characters are displayed incorrectly.
- Right-click the selection and select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- On the Text Properties panel, select the desired font. The font in the selected text fragment will change accordingly.
To change the font in a long document where styles are used:
- From the Tools menu, select Style Editor…
- In the Style Editor dialog box, select the desired style and change its font.
- Click OK. The font in all the text fragments using this style will change accordingly.
Important! If an ABBYY FineReader document was recognized or edited on another computer, the text in the document may be displayed incorrectly on your computer. If this is the case, make sure that all the fonts used in this document are installed on your machine.