ABBYY FineReader detects hyperlinks and recreates their destination addresses in the output document. Detected hyperlinks are underlined and displayed in blue.
When viewing the recognized document in the Text window, rest the mouse pointer on a hyperlink to view its address. To follow a hyperlink, select Open Hyperlink from its shortcut menu, or press Ctrl and left-click on the hyperlink.
To add, delete or change the text or address of a hyperlink:
- In the Text window, select the desired hyperlink.
- To remove a hyperlink, right-click it and select Remove Hyperlink from the shortcut menu.
- To add or change a hyperlink, click Hyperlink… in its shortcut menu, or click on the main toolbar at the top of the Text window. In the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, you can:
- Make the necessary text changes in the Text to display field.
- Select/change the hyperlink type in the СLink to group:
- Select Web page to link to an Internet page.
In the Address field, specify the protocol and the URL of the page (e.g. http://www.abbyy.com)
- Select Local file to link to a file.
Click Browse… to browse for the file to which the hyperlink will point (e.g. file://D:/MyDocuments/ABBYY FineReaderGuide.pdf)
- Select E-mail address so that the user can send an e-mail message to the address contained in the hyperlink by simply clicking the hyperlink.
In the Address field, specify the protocol and the e-mail address (e.g. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).