Quick Tasks for Conversion Into a Microsoft Word Document
You can use the Microsoft Word tab in the New Task window to access ABBYY FineReader’s Quick Tasks, which are used to convert images of any origin (scanned documents, digital photos, PDF and image files) into a Microsoft Word document for easy editing and use.
Important! You must have Microsoft Word installed on your computer to run the tasks in this group.
- From the Document Language drop-down menu in the top part of the window, select document languages.
- In the bottom part of the window, select the desired conversion settings:
- Document format saving mode
- Select Keep pictures if you need to retain the images in the target document.
- Select Keep headers and footers if you need to retain the headers and footers in the target document.
- Click the appropriate button for your task.
- Scan to Microsoft Word lets you scan and convert a paper document.
- Convert PDF/Image to Microsoft Word lets you convert PDF documents and image files.
- Convert Photo to Microsoft Word lets you convert images from digital photos.
- When the document processing is complete, a new Microsoft Word document containing the recognized text will open.
Important! When Quick Tasks are executed, data are by default converted in line with the program’s current settings. If you have changed application settings, please re-run the task to retrieve the recognized text under new settings.
For details, see ABBYY FineReader Quick Tasks.