The main window of ABBYY FineReader features several toolbars. Toolbar buttons provide easy access to program commands. The same commands can be executed from the program menu or with keyboard shortcuts.
The Main Toolbar has a fixed set of buttons for all basic actions: opening a document, scanning a page, opening an image, recognizing pages, saving results, etc.
The Quick Access Bar can be customized by adding special buttons for virtually any command in the main menu. By default, this bar is not displayed in the main window. To display it, select the Quick Access Bar under View>Toolbars, or from the main toolbar’s shortcut menu.
- Open the Customize Toolbars and Shortcuts dialog box. (Tools>Customize…)
- On the Toolbars tab in the Categories field, select the desired category.
Note. When a different category is selected, the commands on the Commands list will change according to the set of commands on the main menu.
- Select a command from the Commands list and click the >> (or<<) button.
The selected command will appear on (or disappear from) the toolbar’s command list.
- In order to save your changes, click the OK button.
- In order to reset the Quick Access Bar to its default view, click the Reset All button.
You can find the toolbars for the Pages, Image, and Text windows in the top part of these windows with fixed button sets.
The Document Messages Pane displays error warnings and pop-up messages when the program is running. By default, the pane is displayed when the page is selected in the Pages window. You can browse through messages with the / buttons.
For details, see: