The Options Dialog Box
The Options dialog box contains the settings you can use to manage options for opening, scanning, and saving documents in different formats, customizing the appearance of program windows, selecting your preferred language, and specifying the source document’s print type, program interface language, and more.
Important! The options dialog box is under the Tools>Options… menu. It can also be accessed from the options toolbar, dialog boxes for saving data in different formats, the dialog boxes used to open images, and the toolbar’s shortcut menu.
The dialog box has 6 tabs. Each tab contains options for certain program functions:
Use this option to customize the general options for automated document processing, and the settings for pre-processing images when scanning and opening documents, such as activating/deactivating the following:
- Automatic analysis of document layout (identifying layout areas and types)
- Automatic image conversion
- Automatic image pre-processing
- Automatic identification of page orientation
- Automatic separation of facing pages
You can also select your scanner driver and scanning interface.
For details, see Customizing Scanning and Image Opening Settings, Disabling Automatic Image Processing, Selecting the Scanning Interface, and Scanning facing pages.
This option contains recognition settings:
- Recognition can be set to either “fast” or “detailed”.
- You can also determine whether or not you wish to use a custom template during recognition.
For details, see OCR Options, Training User Patterns, and Paper Document Contains Decorative (Non-Standard) Fonts.
This option lets you select the format in which the output document will be saved:
For details, see Saving in RTF/DOC/DOCX.
For details, see Saving in XLS/XLSX.
For details, see Saving in PDF.
For details, see Saving in PDF/A.
For details, see Saving in HTML.
For details, see Saving in PPTX.
For details, see Saving in TXT.
For details, see Saving in CSV.
This option contains:
- Settings for the page view in the Pages (Thumbnails or Details) window
- Options for the Text window, including the option to highlight uncertain characters and words (and the highlighting color), whether non-printable characters (e.g. line feed) should be displayed, and what font should be used to display plain text
- The settings for the colors and thickness of borders enclosing various types of areas in the Image window
For details, see Editing area types and borders.
This option contains settings for:
- The selection of fonts used in the output document
- The spell checker for recognized text
- The path to the folder where user languages will be saved
- Opening the most recently used document when the application starts up
- The program interface language
- The button used to save the current full option set into a file
- The button used to load the full option set from a previously saved file saved
- The button used to reset the option set to default options