Customizing the ABBYY FineReader Workspace
- You can temporarily hide the windows you do not use. In order to hide/show windows, use the View menu options or keyboard shortcuts:
- F5 for the Pages window
- F6 for the Image window
- F7 for the Image and Text windows
- F8 for the Text window
- Ctrl+F5 for the Zoom window
- You can change the window size by dragging the window spacers with your mouse.
- You can also change the position of the Pages and Zoom windows.Use the commands in the View menu or the window shortcut menu.
- You can customize the way warnings and error messages are displayed while the program is running. By default, warnings and error messages pop up when a page is selected in the Pages window. In order to display warnings and error messages in a pane docked to the bottom of the main window, click .
- To show/hide the Properties panel in the Image or Text window, right-click anywhere in the window and then select Properties from the shortcut menu. Alternatively, you can click at the bottom of the Image window or at the bottom of the Text window.
- Some window settings can be customized in Options dialog box on the View tab.
The interface language
The interface language is selected when ABBYY FineReader is installed. This language will be used to write all messages, and the names of dialog boxes, buttons, and program menu items will be displayed in this language. You can toggle between the interface languages in the program as it runs.
In order to do so, follow these instructions:
- Open the Options dialog box on the Advanced tab (Tools>Options…).
- Select the desired language from the Interface language drop-down menu.
- Click the Close button.
- Restart ABBYY FineReader.
For details, see: