If you have any questions regarding the use of ABBYY FineReader, please consult all the documentation you have (the User’s Guide and Help) before contacting our technical support service. You may also wish to browse the technical support section on the ABBYY Web site at www.abbyy.com/support — you may find the answer to your question there.
Our technical support service experts will need the following information to answer your question competently:
- Your first and last name
- The name of your company or organization (if applicable)
- Your telephone number (or fax or e-mail)
- The serial number of your ABBYY FineReader package
- Build number (see Help>About… and look up the Build field)
- A general description of your problem and the full text of the error message (if there was one)
- The type of your computer and processor
- The version of your Windows operating system
- Any other information you consider important
You can gather some of the above information automatically:
- Select Help>About…
- In the About ABBYY FineReader dialog box, click the System Info… button.
A dialog box will open displaying some of the above information
Important! Only registered users are eligible for free technical support. You can register your copy of the application on the ABBYY Web site or by selecting Help>Register Now…