ABBYY is a Russian company and one of the world’s leading software developers in the domain of optical character recognition (OCR), intelligent character recognition (ICR) and applied linguistics software.
ABBYY offers the following software products:
- ABBYY FineReader — an optical character recognition program. It is an ideal solution for those requiring exceptional recognition quality and text layout maintenance. ABBYY FineReader quickly and precisely transforms printed documents, PDF files and digital photos into editable formats. The results can be edited in Microsoft Office applications, sent vie e-mail or published on the Internet.
- ABBYY Lingvo — a world of dictionaries, encyclopedias and professional translation for PCs, PDAs and smartphones. It contains the most up-to-date vocabulary. Translate quickly and accurately using the pop-up translation function and online dictionaries. Language learners will find it helpful that ABBYY Lingvo provides pronunciations voiced by native speakers and includes a grammar guide and Lingvo Tutor software.
- ABBYY FlexiCapture — a powerful data capture software that works with all source documents including different types of forms (questionnaires, slips). The software has unlimited scaling functions and supports distributed processing. Both printed and hand-printed texts are recognized.
- ABBYY PDF Transformer — a versatile and easy-to-use program for working with PDF documents. PDF files can be combined, converted to editable formats, and created out of Microsoft Office documents.
- ABBYY Recognition Server — a high-performance server application for document recognition. It can function independently or as an integral part of electronic doc-flow systems, digital archives, etc.
- ABBYY’s products for developers — products for developers of dataflow systems. You can integrate recognition, full-text search and morphology analysis functions into your applications.
Throughout the world, organizations working with printed documents use ABBYY software to automate labor-intensive work and optimize business processes. ABBYY’s products are used in large-scale government projects, for example by Australian Taxation Office, Tax Inspection of the republic of Latvia, Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Education of Ukraine and Government of Montgomery County, USA.
Technologies developed by ABBYY are licensed by the following companies: BancTec, Canon, EMC/Captiva, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, NewSoft, Notable Solutions, Samsung Electronics. Optical character recognition software is bundled with equipment of world’s leading manufacturers: BenQ, Epson, Fujitsu, Fuji Xerox, Microtek, Panasonic, Plustek, Toshiba, Xerox and other.
The company’s headquarters are located in Moscow, and regional offices are situated in Germany, USA, Japan, Ukraine and Taiwan.
For more information on ABBYY and its products, please visit www.abbyy.com.