Using the Same User Languages and Dictionaries on Several Computers
In ABBYY FineReader 10, several users can use the same user languages and dictionaries simultaneously. Several users can also add words to the same user dictionaries over the LAN.
To make user languages and dictionaries available to multiple users:
- Create or open an ABBYY FineReader document and select the desired scanning and OCR options.
- Before creating a user language, specify the network or local folder where user languages and dictionaries should be stored. By default, user languages and dictionaries are stored in the ABBYY FineReader document folder.
To specify a storage location for user languages:
- Select Tools>Options…, click the Advanced tab, and provide the path to the folder under User languages folder.
To specify a storage location for user dictionaries:
- Select Tools>Options…, click the Advanced tab, and then click the Spell Checker Settings… button
- In the Spell Checker Settings dialog box, click the Browse… button and select the desired folder.
- Save the ABBYY FineReader document options to an *.fbt file.
- The users wishing to work with the languages and dictionaries stored in the above folder should load the document options from this *.fbt file when creating a new ABBYY FineReader document so that the same folder path will be used for all users.
Important! The users should have read and write permissions for the folder where user languages and dictionaries are stored.
To view the list of available user languages in the Language Editor dialog box (select Tools>Language Editor… and scroll to User languages).
When a user language is being used by several users, it is available as “read-only,” and users will not be able to change user language properties. However, words can be added to and deleted from a user dictionary that is being used on several LAN computers.
When a user is adding words to a dictionary or editing a dictionary, the dictionary becomes locked for other users. Once finished, changes become available to all users that have access to this language storage folder.
To update a dictionary:
While checking the spelling (Tools>Check Spelling…), click the Add… button in the Check Spelling dialog box
- Click any button in the Select Dictionary dialog box (Tools>View Dictionaries…)