Processing the Same ABBYY FineReader Document on Several LAN Computers
When running ABBYY FineReader over a local area network, all the program tools and capabilities are available on the workstations.
For details, see Working with ABBYY FineReader.
If an ABBYY FineReader document is to be used on several LAN computers simultaneously, the following should be taken into account:
- A separate copy of ABBYY FineReader 10 should be installed on each computer.
- All the users must have full access to the ABBYY FineReader document.
- Each user may add pages to the document and modify them. If a user adds new pages and launches the OCR process for them, the program will process the entire document anew. None of the users will be able to edit the document while the processing is underway.
Once the page background changes to white, all the tools in the Text window will become available.
- A document page that is being processed by one user is locked for the other users.
- Users may monitor page status from the Document window, including the computer that is processing the document, which user has opened a page, whether it has been recognized or edited, etc. To see the status, switch into the Details view.
- The fonts that are used in the ABBYY FineReader document must be installed on each computer. Otherwise, the recognized text may be displayed incorrectly.