ABBYY FineReader Automated Task Management
An ABBYY FineReader automated task is a set of successive steps. Each step corresponds to one of the document recognition stages. Similar actions can be automated using tasks.
Automated task management includes creating, editing, starting, and deleting custom automated tasks. Tasks are managed via the Automation Manager dialog box.
To open the Automation Manager dialog box, do one of the following:
- Select Automation Manager… in the Tools menu
- Press Ctrl+T
The Automation Manager dialog box will display the available automated tasks. These include:
- ABBYY FineReader Quick Tasks are marked with the character .
These tasks cannot be deleted or edited. However, you can copy a task and then modify it.
- Custom automated tasks are marked with character .
In order to change the name of a custom automated task, select Rename… from the task’s shortcut menu.
- Tasks that cannot be run on your computer for some reason are marked with .
In order to send recognized text to another application, that application must be installed on your computer. It is not possible to execute a task where the recognized text is to be sent to any application that is not installed on your computer.
On the toolbar in the upper part of the Automation Manager dialog box, you will find the buttons to create, modify, copy, or delete the selected task, or launch the task.
In order to start processing a document in line with the selected task, click the Run button or the button in the Automation Manager dialog box.
For details, see:
- Fore more information on how to create new custom automated tasks, see the section How to Create a New Automated Task.
- For more information about Quick Tasks, see the section ABBYY FineReader Quick Tasks.