What is ABBYY FineReader
ABBYY FineReader is an optical character recognition (OCR) system. It is used to convert scanned documents, PDF documents, and image files, including digital photos, into editable formats.
ABBYY FineReader advantages
Fast and accurate recognition
- The OCR system used in ABBYY FineReader lets users quickly and accurately recognize and retain the source formatting of any document (including text on background images, colored text on colored backgrounds, text wrapped around an image, etc.).
- Thanks to ABBYY’s adaptive document recognition technology (ADRT®), ABBYY FineReader can analyze and process a document as a whole, instead of page by page. This approach retains the source document’s structure, including formating, hyperlinks, e-mail addresses, headers and footers, image and table captions, page numbers, and footnotes.
- ABBYY FineReader can recognize documents written in one or several of 186 languages, including Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Hebrew. ABBYY FineReader also features auto-detection of document languages.
- What’s more, ABBYY FineReader is largely immune to printing defects and can recognize texts printed in virtually any font.
- The program also includes a wide range of options for output data: documents can be saved in a variety of formats, sent by e-mail, or transferred to other applications for further processing.
Ease of use
- ABBYY FineReader’s user-friendly and intuitive results-driven interface allows you to use the program without any additional training. New users can master the main functions in almost no time at all. Users can change the interface language directly in the program.
- ABBYY FineReader Quick Tasks include a list of the most frequently used tasks for converting scanned documents, PDF, and image files into editable formats, and make it possible to retrieve an e-document with one mouse-click.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office and Windows Explorer lets you recognize documents directly from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Windows Explorer.
- FineReader also features a Help menu with examples that illustrate how to use the program to accomplish a number of complex conversion-related tasks.